JUSTICE FOR ALL
Joseph “Joe” Justice
Pasco County Court, Group 5
Justice: It’s more than just my name.
It’s my promise to Pasco.
I’m running for Pasco County Court Judge because Pasco deserves an experienced judge who will fairly apply the law, be down-to-earth and considerate, and follow our Constitution without agenda. If elected, all those who enter my courtroom will be treated with dignity and respect.
It’s important for voters to know that I have fourteen years of legal experience, and I am the only candidate in my race who has been practicing law for more than a decade. My experience sets me apart and makes me ready to serve as a judge from day one.
I believe that the County Court is the People’s Court. It’s where claims less than $30,000 are brought, where misdemeanor crimes are heard, traffic tickets are resolved, and where many people find themselves when they have a legal dispute.
I have vast experience in my current job as a prosecuting attorney for the State of Florida, and in my past job as a private attorney representing individual clients. This background gives me the best tools to efficiently manage a large court docket and understand the practical needs of attorneys and parties from all sides of the courtroom.
I also believe that family is the bedrock of our lives. Any decision that can impact our families is not made lightly (and it seems that Pasco families have had to make lots of decisions lately about what is best). As a husband and father, I know this to be true. I believe that people who go into a courtroom are not just case numbers. They are moms and dads. They are husbands and wives. They are brothers and sisters and grandparents. They are business owners. And each one of them cares deeply about their own case. In my career as an attorney, whether it was comforting a victim who is a grandparent, defending a case for a business owner, or fighting a consumer protection claim for a mom, I’ve never lost sight of the fact that cases are always about the people. If elected, I promise to be a judge who will always remember that.
Community Members and Leaders Support Joe Justice!
Click on the Endorsement Tab to see more!
Experienced Leadership for Pasco County
An Advocate for Justice: As a seasoned prosecutor who has handled thousands of cases in Pasco and Hernando counties, my goal is always to pursue justice – not just convictions.
A Veteran of the Courtroom: I have well over 50 jury trials, countless non-jury trials, and years of adversarial hearings. The skills gained from this experience make me highly qualified to understand quickly and thoroughly the issue of each case, manage a large volume of cases, and make just and legal rulings.
A Community Protector: In my job as a prosecuting attorney, I have sent sexually violent predators, habitual felony offenders, prison releasee reoffenders, and career violent criminals to prison.
Local Business Man: I ran my own private law firm in Pasco County, representing clients in civil and criminal litigation.
A Diverse Legal Resume: My experience is not limited to giving a voice to victims in criminal cases. I have also represented clients in family law, probate, homeowner disputes, insurance litigation, consumer protection, business disputes, Lemon Law claims, and more.
- Each person who walks into a courtroom has the right to be heard. Justice requires not only legal knowledge, but being measured, consistent, courteous, and treating all people fairly as they pursue their cases.
- I am a 2006 graduate of the University of Florida, Levin College of Law, where I graduated with honors.
- In 2003, I graduated from the Honors College at the University of South Florida.
- Born and raised locally, I grew up helping my father at our family’s body shop, which served the people of Pasco and Hernando Counties. I grew up fixing cars, and my dad taught me the importance of listening to people and doing a quality job.
- My wife, Petra, and I have called Pasco home for well over a decade. It’s where we chose to put down roots and raise our family. Our wonderful children attend a local elementary school that is just a short bike ride away from our front door. In our spare time, you can find us on the soccer pitches and baseball fields in Pasco, enjoying a family night out at one of our favorite local restaurants, or in one of the great dog parks with our golden retriever, Dakota, and new foster dog, Coco.
- Member of the Rotary Club of Land O'Lakes
- Active Volunteer with Kids Helping Kids of Pasco County, Inc.
- Annual Great American Teach-In Volunteer (Subject: Teaching Kids about the Role of Lawyers and Prosecuting Attorneys)
- Citizens Academy Volunteer (Subject: Teaching Community Members about the Role of Prosecuting Attorneys)
- Guest Judge for Moot Court at Stetson University College of Law
- Teen Court Volunteer
- Handled Mulitple Pro Bono (without taking a legal fee) Cases for Pasco County Citizens
- Served on Florida Bar’s Consumer Protection Committee and helped draft pamphlets for Florida citizens on navigating the court system.